Canning City is one of the largest Junior Clubs in the Western Australia.
Canning City Soccer Club Junior Coaches.
We are proud of the fact that all of our voluntary coaches have certificates for coaching soccer. Many of them have Level I and even Level II certificates and a few have special certificates for coaching Goal Keeping.
As always we aim for our players:
- To have fun
- To learn new skills
- To experience team spirit
- To play fair and respect the opponent
- To receive encouragement
- To receive feedback in their progression in the sport.
Football Federation Australia (FFA) is excited to announce the introduction of ‘MiniRoos’ as Football’s new junior participation brand for boys and girls aged 5 – 11.
MiniRoos will replace Small sided Football as the new name and brand for junior football.
MiniRoos is the launch of an umbrella brand to unifying grassroots junior football in Australia. It is the first step for boys and girls on a pathway to a life in football.
Together, the Football Family can ensure MiniRoos becomes the most popular junior sports brand in Australia.
Click the link to learn more about Miniroos
- Children aged 11 to 18 are our Juniors
- Groups compete in leagues against clubs all over the metropolitan area.
- (The points earned: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw)
- Juniors normally attend training twice per week for approximately 90 mins.
- All games are played on Sundays, usually between 8.30am and 1pm.
Juniors play on a full sized pitch with a minimum length of 90 Metres and breadth of 45 Metres.
All Junior teams have 14 players including the goal keeper. This number includes 3 interchangeable substitutes.
- 11 years old to 13 years old: Size 4 ball
- 14 years old and up: Size 5 ball
Juniors normally attend training twice per week for approximately 90 mins.
- 11 years olds & 12 years olds: 25 minutes each way
- 13 years olds & 14 years olds: 30 minutes each way
- 15 years olds: 35 minutes each way
- 16 years olds and under 18’s: 40 minutes each way